The United States of America, Montana, Seeley Lake

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Schoo is coo!

Here are some examples of my school work. The first one is Senior Project Research Paper (I did it on "Media Violence") and the second one is essay about "Manifest Destiny".
Find out more about:

This is just a brief overview of what are American High School students duties. Most of my work is about doing research papers or writing essays. It is a way of forming opinions and what is more important, forming opinions based on facts. Also most of tests which I am writing here have to be respond in five paragraph essay format.

That is the thing I miss in Czech education system, connecting facts in context, also between subjects. I really do not think that Czech education system is wrong, not at all. It provides more generally based education. But there are some things which would definitely have benefits for Czech schools. I have leaned that studying is not about memorizing.

We have test in U.S. Government class after every section in our text book. I can prepare a study guide which is before test checked by the teacher and if it is properly done he let me use it during the test. Than I have to enclose it to the test and it is grade with with the test. Does not make sense to you? It makes perfect sense to me. I prefer to spend my time doing my study guide instead of memorizing. And where are the benefits of this system? I discovered that I can remember things easier and for longer period of time not just for few minutes when I have to answer the test's question.

Or like in Math...here we are trying to solve problems based on everyday life. It still means learning functions, statistics or trigonometry, but we are also looking for the purpose. It is not just because a School Department wants us to do so....I still wonder if I will ever use "Venn diagrams" in my life:-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some good points, but unlike you i do think Czech system sucks;-) I will write something on it later, I hope...

January 17, 2007 3:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good essays, too! if you ever need any more recommendation letters let me know, i'll be happy to write them;-))

January 17, 2007 3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home